Thursday, June 12, 2008

Inspector alert!

I need to get inspected soon. I think I need light up EXIT signs, which Jon can install this weekend. I just need to find a place that sells them. And get the landlord to buy them. Ugh. I think the electric place in town probably has them. We need to get this done before they can inspect. I also need to get business insurance. That's one of my goals for today. Luckily, my agent is right across the tracks from me, so he should be able to pop over to make some big money. He's a good agent. Another one of my big guys that "gets me". Gotta love that.

I've been meeting lots of wonderful people walking by the shop while I'm working. It's great to get their feedback and hear the enthusiasm in their voices. Lots of people are giving me free advice & offering their help (and they are pros, not like all the free advice I dispense ad nauseum).

Last night around 8:30 I was leaving and somebody had pushed an ice cream cone onto my car like a hood ornament. So I went to the ice cream shop to file a complaint. The guys that own it are friends of mine now, and I just wanted to give them crap. They weren't there, but lots of other neighbors were. I got to meet their new employee (who had smoothie practice the other day and we benefited, since Tom brought down the fruits of his labor for me and all the worker bees who were helping on Sunday). He could not identify the culprit. I'm watching now. . . Don't mess with me, kids. I could be your best friend or your worst enemy!

3 comments:

Laura said...

What kind of kid would waste an ice cream cone just to be a jerk? I don't know what to make of kids these days...
;)

Jill said...

Maybe they thought it looked pretty...or more likely someone didn't like the flavor of icecream and being a spoiled american brat, they jammed it on the hood of your car. I hate them! (also, wash that spot. Lactic acid is not only yummy, it's also acid)

Fly Right said...

I went straight home and washed my car in the dark. I kept scrubbing at what looked to be Oreo bits, but later realized it's just the natural oxidized beauty that is my car.