Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ten more days until I get the space!!!!!!!

June first I will get the keys to my new store. This is mind-boggling at this point! I still have so much to do at home (like make a bunch of product to sell in the store) before I start working over there. I really won't know how much I need to do over there until Janet is out--there will be some lighting issues, some painting, and some windowscaping to do, and then it's move in all my display fixtures and fill 'em up and get inspected, and then open for business. Oh yeah, and I have tons more product to order, and consignments to get together. I keep learning of local artists that are a good fit with my vision, so that's encouraging. Most of them are willing to do consignment--that's a win/win for me. The ones who aren't willing to do consignment probably won't make the cut, at least not until I get a better feel for what people around here are looking for.

I met with my accountant today. That sentence barely makes sense to me--MY accountant? I have an accountant. Wow. He said it sounds like I'm on the right track. Bear in mind he's an accountant and not a retail expert, but it made me feel good to hear him say it. I've known him for years, and it's good to have a professional relationship with someone who "gets" me. The other professional relationships I have so far didn't seem like such a good comfortable fit.

There's a great craft show taking place on Sunday at Fitzgerald's. It's a lot of local artists and craftspeople--a lot of whom will be in my store, and maybe a lot who will be that I haven't even discovered yet! I'll have to print up a little synopsis of my store to give them--I don't want to monopolize their time when they could be selling stuff. I'll come back and add the details about the show soon. Right now I'm going to bed.

No comments: