Monday, April 28, 2008

Tax Rebate

I got this email today from my friend Wendy. If you think about it, she's right! (it's a little harsh, but true)

The following information is being sent to help you decide how to spend your
IRS Rebate Check wisely:

Each of us soon will get a rebate check to stimulate the economy.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.
If we spend it on gasoline, it will go to the Arabs.
If we purchase a computer, it will go to India.
If we purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.
If we purchase a good car, it will go to Japan.
If we purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan.

Therefore, none of the above will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America, so spend it at yard sales.

Or at a store like the one I'm opening, where everything is locally produced or at least fairly traded. . .


I added a link to the store website at the bottom of this page--check it out!

1 comment:

Jill said...

My rebate is going to the following:
10% donation to the radio station where I volunteer (yeay community radio!)

10% to thrift shopping or yard sales

80% to savings for my future mud-hut-with-goat dream home