Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spider Relocation System

I have been perusing the world wide web for eco-conscious products to have in my store. My attention was grabbed by something called a "spider relocater". I've always liked spiders, and disliked the things they eat, so I'm against the killing of them in most circumstances. I thought this could be an interesting product. OMG. It is a horrible vacuum tube thingy that you suck the spider into (via some sort of internal plunger thing) and take it outdoors to release it. It looked to be about a foot in length and over an inch in diameter. What a waste of plastic! Do you have a piece of paper? That's my spider relocation system. Paper, cardstock, even a toilet tissue tube has been used in my house for this purpose. They just crawl onto the paper (I'm not sure why) and they don't fly, they rarely leap, and if you're quick about it, they don't even realize what's happening. They're just outside all of a sudden. I used this system the other night at about 3am when I got up to pee and there was a little, but sturdy, spider crawling on my bathroom floor. I was half asleep, and less than half dressed when I did this. I climbed back into bed and Jon (the hubby) couldn't figure out why I was so cold and damp. I told him, and now I think I'm in charge of all pest problems in our house. D'oh!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm proud of you, Laurie. I used to employ a spider relocation system, now I just squash them. I'll try to be better...