Sunday, April 27, 2008

A logo + a storefront=a productive weekend



Here's the official store logo! HUGE thanks to Brenda Zaczek for doing this for me! I had the concept, but not the skills to make it happen. We spent most of last night working on it. We'll be working on the website soon, too. Brenda is a really talented (and easy to work with) designer. She's doing a lot of freelance these days, so if anyone reading this would like to use her, just send me a message and I'll hook you up.

Now I officially have a signed document (okay, it's a piece of notebook paper) saying that the storefront will be mine to rent on June first. Jon and I went and met the building owners, George and Phyllis, today. We agreed on a price and looked around a bit more and took some pictures of the hair salon where the store will be. I think the space will be great, and the building is almost 100 years old, with a lot of the original character. Berwyn is celebrating its centennial this summer and I'll have one of the original storefronts! I hope that the centennial celebrations help to bring a lot of people to the Historic Depot District.

Here are some interior shots of the store. . . It's currently a hair salon. I know Janet will probably be wanting to sell some (or all) of the salon fixtures, so if anyone wants them, let me know and I can get you in touch with her.


1 comment:

Laura said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the logo! That alone would get me into your store. And the space itself looks really cute too.

I hope the centennial celebrations help you out a lot!