Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shop for the Good

I was recently contacted by (and featured on) a blog called Shop for the Good. He really provides a great service--checking out companies and ways to make your internet (and regular) shopping experience easier and more socially responsible. I think that services like that will help "this green thing" take off even faster. I can tell just by talking to my customers that using natural products and buying things that are recyclable/recycled/local, etc. is important to them, it's just that they don't always have the time (or motivation) to do the research. You can link to that blog at the bottom of my page or by clicking on the title of this post.

I know that Oprah Winfrey has had a lot on her show about natural stuff lately (a customer told me so, so it must be true!). Many of my suppliers have mentioned that Oprah loves their products (Sunfeather Soaps and Pacifica are two of them). Although I am located near Oprah, she has yet to come into my store. (hint, hint, O, if you're reading this, come on over!) Oprah has a very wide audience, and from what I can tell, they think her word is gospel (and it sounds like she's preaching my language!). I think it's great that somebody with her demographic reach is on board with people like me. It's kind of funny to think that I have something in common with Oprah (besides living in Illinois and bathing).

No comments: